Thursday, October 30, 2008

When Merit & Fitness Doesn't Works in Real Time


The CSC says, to enter into the government service, one must possess the so called merit and fitness. But in reality, this thing does not take place anymore.

A member in the family wanted to enter into police service; thus, she made sure that she has all the requirements and she even top all the exercises or the so called agility (where they are required to do jogging/running, pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups,etc) to make sure that she won't be left behind by her competitors.

But, when the day comes where the passers shall be announced for them to proceed for the next level of the recruitment process. Unfortunately her name was not called despite of the fact that she top during the actual agility. That when I realized that merit and fitness cannot stand against money and connections.

Why, I said this? Well, it is the phenomenon nowadays and it caused a great disappointment and depression not only to my sister but to our entire family. As the saying goes, the pain by one is felt by the entire members in the family.

In order to lessen my sister's disappointments and miseries, I sent her a comforting message, to quote: "Sis, it's not your fault anyway but it was due to the people's greed for money." Imagine, while my sister was preparing all her credentials as her armour; others are raising money for their gate pass to the recruitment.

Yet, God is so great, He never allows greediness to reign...It was Saturday afternoon (Oct 25, 2008) when we almost gave-up, we received a phone call instructing my sister to proceed to the camp in order for her to undergo the second level in the recruitment process (Neuro Exam) since HQS instructed the Region to let my sister take the Neuro Examination. Thanks for the right connection we have...It really works!

As of now, we are still awaiting the result of that neuro exam and hoping that my sister made into that examination so that she can proceed to the third level which is the Medical Exam.

But, just yesterday, I learned it is also money that works in the neuro and that examination was a mere formality. Know how much that is involved? Its Php 50,000.00. A friend told me that she can do something for my sister if I can give her Php30,000.00 but we refused to yield into it. Doing such will tolerate the greediness of those people.

What will happen to my sister, now? When she doesn't have even a single centavo to give this greedy people? Will Merit and Fitness Works this time?

1 comment:

Marizylle said...

"onli in da Philippines" -