Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tribute to Mangie Perez...a fellow Notre Damean


TGIF… or what we commonly known as “Thanks God, Its Friday!” It’s the day and time that everyone excitedly waiting for… Why not?! It’s the time when working class and students may come into some fun and relaxation from a weeklong of hard works and studies for students.

Some are going to bars and other form of recreations while others prefer to stay at home and have an early rest in preparation for their escapades on Saturday together with their family and love ones.

But last Friday (November 14, 2008), TGIF never passed into my senses. Why?... it's because of the two (2) messages that I received during the late afternoon of that day.

First, it was around 2:30 P.M. when Michelle, a classmate in High School called-up informing that she was in PGH together with our other classmates. They were there for our fellow Notre Damean, Marlyn Perez whom we fondly called Mangie (our class Valedictorian) who was diagnosed for leukemia. Since I was out of town at that time, I wasn’t able to join them. At around 4:00 P.M. of the same day, Michelle sent me the message informing me that Mangie is gone.

Although, Mangie and I were not closed during our four (4) years together (1989-1993) in Notre Dame of Parang and I can’t even recall of a single precious moment that we shared but I still felt sad for that news…after all she’s a fellow Notre Damean and a Kababayan.

Dear readers, followers and fellow Notre Damean, please pray with me for Mangie’s soul to rest in peace and for her family as well that they may able to move on especially her two (2) kids who are still in their tender years whose motherly care and supervision is highly needed.

Well, tomorrow, I’ll be sharing with you the second reason why I wasn’t able to have the TGIF… watch out for it!

No comments: