Thursday, November 20, 2008

When you’re motivated…Survival is possible

That photograph with my mom and Sean was taken while we were on our way to the airport. The idea of living home and moving into the metropolitan filled my senses with excitement. Why not? I have a long list of reasons for it. Of course living independently is one of them and the fact of having a peaceful environment (away from the terrorist bandits and troublemaker tribal groups).

But as the scheduled time of my departure was approaching, there were so many questions and apprehensions that were playing on my mind. I was thinking of my beloved Sean Evander (my gorgeous, smart, witty, and loving nephew) if who will take care of him as soon as I leave? But what bothered me most was the idea of survival. “Am I ready to be apart from mother’s guidance and protection? Will I survive alone? And how my life will be like?”

Indeed, I was a total stranger in my new place… “No friends and knew no one”. It was the first Christmas and New Year that I was not with my family. Homesickness keep on attacking me and there were times that I wanted to packed-up my things and return home where I know my family were awaiting to welcome me with open arms.

But what motivates me to hold on and take away the sadness in my heart and soul is the aspiration that ATTY. will be prefix in my name. Thus, I have to be strong otherwise my fantasy will not come into reality.

Fortunately, I managed to live it up! And, it’s been a year now since I left my hometown. I am acquainted with some good people at my workplace yet none of them become close to me. Anyway, what’s important is I survive in this busy and competitive world.

1 comment:

Marizylle said...

And am just here buddy. I maybe 8,000 miles away from you, but at the end of your fingertips, and behind your laptop monitor is ME!

I miss you.

(Para na tayong tomboy dito) hahahahaha